Wednesday 23 November 2011

What I would like to do

I kept thinking what I like and what I want to do since this term started. And I listed a list was about what I like. I like experimental or oriental style production design for film or theater design. So I want to do some thing like that. On the other hand, I hope my audience can feel they are part of the show (my work). And then oriental style site-specific show came to my mind.

Actually, at first I didn't know what is site-specific. In the first tutorial, I told to my supervisor what I liked and she recommended me that I can do some research about site-specific. She told me "punch drunk" was a nice team. So I searched some information about them. And I found out they are famous! now they are in New York. One of my friend who study in New York she went to the show named "sleep no more" and she told me it was awesome!!! 

The show is played in a hotel. Audience have to wear the masks which means they are invisible. The most special thing in this show is audience can walk around everywhere in the building. And my friend told me that you don't have to worry about you will miss the show somewhere. Because the sound effects is nice. It will lead you to the current place.   









I hope I can see this show one day! I love to be a invisible people!! Anyway spite-specific is really interesting. It is not like traditional theater design. So I decide to do this kind of design! but I want to mix "oriental style". I believe it will be cool! 




   

1 comment:

  1. Your ideia looks great May!!!
    I didn't realized before that your project will have a 'bit' of performance! If I can help in any way just let me know. It will be a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete