Monday 7 November 2011

V&A --- Style & Subversion 1970-1990

Last weekend I went to London and I went to an exhibition in Victoria and Albert museum which named "Style & Subversion 1970-1990". Actually, for me who is a foreigner, I could not understand all of art works in the exhibition. Especially, the exhibition was talking about "postmodern" in 1970-1990. I am too young so I did not know what some work meant. (Or maybe just because my English is so poor. haha...) Anyway, generally speaking, I felt this exhibition was so so to me. Because I felt many works were a little bit old fashion... but they were old in fact... Whatever, I still admired for they could do that kind of cool things in that time. I mean nowadays almost every one can accept modern things but I don't thing in the past people could accept that. So it must be really cool when the artists created the works.

This is a short clip about this exhibition.


And below are the works which interested me.

Hologram of Boy George

Actually, I felt this picture was creepy... But it's cool because it was "3D". I searched it on the Internet and I found out this kind of work called "holo-portrait" I sill not really understand how to make it... 

Louis XIV by Jeff Koons


I like the material of this sculpture. It was so shiny. I also like his other works "balloon dog" those giant shiny and bright color sculptures. 



Consumer's rest chair by Frank Schreiner


I love this design because it just changed a little bit and then became another different thing! It is a great concept! Sometimes modifying can give old stuff new life.



Tea & Coffee Piazza by Michael Graves

How cute it is!!! It looks like part of Disneyland!!! A little castle. 



Miss balanche by Shiro Kuramata 


Beautiful material!!!  I love Shiro's crystal works. They are so elegant!




I like go to museum although sometimes the exhibition is not relative to my research. But I believe those cool design will give me inspiration one day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment