Sunday 22 July 2012

costume design

I did few costume design. It's not much couse I didn't have extra time to finish it. But at least these could show my idea about the costume with the sets. 



This is the traditional costume, I drew it to think what element that I wanted to maintain. 






This is the costume I designed. I maintained the water sleeve. Because water sleeve is very important in Chinese opera. Performers use wave water sleeve in different way to show their emotions. The bamboo- pattern represented Liu Mengmei was a scholar. In Chinese culture, bamboo always is a simple of gentlemen and scholars. 










In my design, I used printing instead of embroidery. The new costume was tighter which could show Du Liniang's body shape. The pattern of the dress was according to my inspirational art work.

When Du Liniang became a ghost, I let her dressed white dress. Because white is the simple of death in Chinese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment