Saturday 21 July 2012

before starting my design...

Before starting my design, I read the script and listened the music again and again. The script was hard to understand because it was ancient chinese (about 400 years age). Few sentences mentioned about sets. (As I said before, set was not the primary concern of Chinese Opera.) However, I could feel lots of emotions between the lines. After I read the script, I listened the music and the songs of The Peony Pavilion. I tried my best to feel everything about the opera via the music. And I also tried to record my reflection of the songs. I did some art works. 

The black and white patterns was the rules which framed Du Liniang. The red part was her heart under those rules.



When Du Liniang's tutor taught her a love poem, the love sends sprayed in her minds.  



Du Liniang sneaked out to the garden and she saw beautiful flowers which made her wanted to fall in love.



She met her lover in the dream. Flowers bloomed in her heart.



When she woke up, something is missing from her heart.



She tried to find him. But she couldn't find him. the suffering became a wound.



She died because of the sorrow...



The underworld seemed horrendous, but actually the judge was  justice.



The judge released Du Liniang. Although she was still a ghost, she can go back to find her lover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment