Sunday 15 April 2012

New ideas for new project

Actually in the beginning of this term I was stuck. Because I couldn't find the completed opera of Injustice to Dou E. Without the image and the music, It was hard to start... On the hand, I had big plan at that time. I wanted to build a big Chinese street, but I thought it was too much for a greenhorn. And I thought too much about creating new design... I forgot the meaning of Chinese opera.

Anyway, I full of power now! I know what I'm going to do! Here is my mind map:


After I saw the DVD of The Peony Pavilion, I felt so sweet! It was a love story about a brave girl. Love makes me think about beautiful flowers, and the story happens in a garden. Of course to build a garden is a good idea! So how about create a Chinese garden to let audiences walk around and enjoy the opera? I hope that audiences can feel the love atmosphere in the elegant Chinese garden.  


Above is my idea about the stage. It combines the features of Chinese garden (ponds, bridges, rocks, trees, flowers, halls and pavilions) and Chinese opera (simple stage).  
Thus, as you see, I want to build few simple stages on a pond and use zig-zag paths to connect. Audiences take a walk between stages and see the opera!       

No comments:

Post a Comment