Saturday 14 April 2012

The Lion King

In the end of last year I went to The Lion King with my friends. My friends came to visite me so I decided to bring them to a nice musical. The Lion King was a good choice, because all of us knew the story very well so language won't be a big problem for my friends.

I already knew that the costume design and the stage design was outstanding. But when I saw it in person, It took my breath away! It was stunning! Their costumes were so beautiful that we could see the traditional African pattern on them. I especially liked the colour on their face and body. On the other hand, the stage was simple but we could tell everything from it! In the first scene, the red sun and the blue sky told me that there was a new life born in the enthusiastic Afica. The simple stage with the detail costumes were so powerful. I cried immediately...






No comments:

Post a Comment