Thursday 27 October 2011

Memories of Matsuko (Nakashima Tetsuya)

There are many musical films, but "Memories of Matsuko" is my favorite one. What makes it special is although this is a tragedy, director chose bright color tone inversely. I think it's because director wanted to change the stereotype of tragedy. 
Sad story also can have beautiful and bright color.  


That's talk about production design for this film. This is a musical film so we can see many theater and music video style in it. I really interest in these kind of mix style. When you see this film sometime you may feel that "am I seeing a musical in the theater now?" It is cool isn't? 


When I saw this poster I thought this's a happy story. But I could't stop crying after I saw it.   

 
                               


 


In the whole film, designer used bright color tone on the sets. It is ironic when you see Matsuko happily sing in the bright color set and then you will feel really sad about that. 







No comments:

Post a Comment